Sunday, July 09, 2006

Ostentatious Rambling

My Google homepage quote of the day:

"An ostentatious man will rather relate a blunder or an absurdity he has committed, than be debarred from talking of his own dear person." - Joseph Addison

Well, perhaps blogging is, for many of us, a medium for us to satisfy our narcissism and ostentatious nature. I mean, we sit around and write about ourselves with the expectation that other people will actually read our thoughts which are, many times, about ourselves. Yet, I kind of like reading others' self-centered ramblings - especially the blunders and the absurdities.

My blunder today: I'm not visiting a new church because I can't find my wallet. My credit cards, my cash, my checkbook - I have no idea where they are, and I don't want to drive to West County without even my license. I think my wallet may be in an O'Fallon friend's car, but she hasn't called me back yet. The ironic thing is I just bought this wallet to replace my Eastern key chain wallet. It's a "big girl" wallet - long and with compartments as opposed to the little pocket sized photo id wallet I have used since college. I assumed it would be harder to lose, since it is bigger and all. Guess not.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about church today. It's 10:30 now, and no wallet. Grrr...

No edification in this entry. Just ostentatious rambling. I can't find my wallet, and, by golly, I want the world to know about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i second that.