Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Day 1

This is the first real night in my new home on the campus of seminary. Tricia (my fellow basement dweller in this house) and I have not been satisfied with our shower. I describe it as the most stressful shower experience I have ever had. Tricia's mom calls it intense. Someone described it as an attack of water. It's small. It creates a vacuum in which the shower curtain blows in and clings to the body. The water pulsates down, and there is no where to escape. So, I decided to put on a new shower head so that we at least could redirect the water when needed. I couldn't get the original shower head off, so I asked Jeremy from next door if he could try. Well, he detached the original shower head - by completely breaking the pipe out of the wall. So, I'll make the call to the resident assistant tomorrow. He'll probably have to call the plumber. Then I'm sure he'll heartily welcome me to the seminary community. I completely rendered the shower unusable within twenty-four hours of arriving on campus to stay.

No comments: