Monday, September 11, 2006

Daughter of a King

My heart gets broken sometimes. At times it’s because I carelessly left it out in the street, just asking for someone to run over it, but sometimes, no matter how careful and wise I am, my heart, as well as I, end up broken. I’m so thankful during those times that God has revealed to us that we are not just his subjects but that we are his children. When I cry to Him it is not mortal to immortal, but a cry from daughter to Father. And the comfort that I receive, the assurance that I rest on, is that of a Father to his daughter. That I would always remember that I’m a daughter of a king. That I would always remember that when things go awry, that when I feel mistreated, that when my own wisdom falls short, I have a Father who knows my heart perfectly, who knows this world perfectly, and who will keep me in His own best interest for me. I really do have nothing to fear.

No comments: