Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Remind me of this in late October

It's time to go back to work. I'm having a great summer, but until I have something to take a break from, these days off just aren't as gratifying as they could be. Now, there are advantages. For instance, I am available and attentive to a full night of Gilmore Girls tonight. But, I've lost the ability to enjoy doing nothing. Today I was sick. I took a short nap on the bathroom floor, crawled into the kitchen for crackers, and sipped chamomile tea and Gatorade all day. I never enjoy getting sick, but sometimes not being able to move is a nice change of pace and enables me to rest and reengergize in ways I would not allow myself otherwise. However, today the nausea and lightheadedness was just a big waste of time. I was not able to anything but nothing, and it was just more of the normal instead of an excuse to relax. I hated it instead of appreciated it. I miss being pushed and in need of a day off.

2 comments:

Jessie S. said...

Thanks, Tammy. I think I finally returned to the conscious world today. And boy, am I hungry...

Anonymous said...

Glad you're better. And, frankly, I think you must still be feverish (and therefore delusional) if you are ready to return to school. Do you NOT remember the broken air conditioners?! As for me, I need one full week back to school without students in order to write a course description, scrape together a few power points, and find some things I lost in the move to my new room. When I work here at home, I multitask to the point of absolute ineffectuality. A million things are started, but nothing finished! Which reminds me: I need to finish cleaning all of the rooms I started cleaning yesterday when I began working in the yard instead...