Monday, October 03, 2005

Monday

I was not ready for today. I had not finished grading all of the tests and papers as I had hoped, my lesson plans were sketchy at best, I had very limited options as far as clean work clothes go, I overslept, I didn't have time to dry my hair, I had not spent time in prayer or reading the Bible in a couple of days, the house was a mess, I didn't allow time to make my lunch, the hem of my pants fell out, I put on makeup after I got to work instead of before, and then, at the end of first hour, I spotted two live baby mice in the sticky mouse trap in my classroom. I freaked out, went pale, and called maintenance. Once the mice were gone, I was still frightened and jumpy, and I screamed once during class when I saw a fly out of the corner of my eye. I spent most of the morning wanting to cry, I was so shaken up and startled. Then, to make things worse, a student brought in a mounted large-mouth bass as a visual aid for his informative speech, and those fish eyes and gaping mouth penetrated my calm exterior for the rest of the day. I'm going to curl up and pull the covers over my head now, thank you.

No comments: