Sunday, September 25, 2005

They got me a chair

Several people have asked me for an update to my autopilot blog: how the kids did, any more problems, etc... The kids were awesome. I really didn't get to see much of the play because I was busy with tasks behind the scenes, but from what everyone tells me, the kids performed beautifully. And then, they gave me a chair... and I could have cried. During the curtain call, they called Mrs. Bailey and I up to the stage, as is customary, and thanked us for our hard work and all that. All of the accolades were given in sincerity, yet that whole process is a formality. They would do that if we had nelgected the kids during the entire rehearsal process. But, then, they brought out a chair. And not just any chair, a barstool height, dark wood director's chair with yellow canvas and my name printed across the back. I just covered my mouth and stared. They got me a director's chair. They thought of it all themselves, found out what my favorite color was, purchased it, had my name printed on it, and brought it here. This was more than just a formality; they strove to do something special for me. This blog isn't doing the moment justice right now, and I will revise this later. but I just wanted those of you who asked to know, they got me a chair, and it was the best night I have had in a long time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww... so precious!

Vee said...

That's so cool. I love moments of life like that.