Saturday, September 03, 2005

Justified

I feel a little justified in the presence of those people who thought I was just plain weird. I would describe to them how, when I was exhausted and wanting to go to sleep, I could not stop moving my legs, and would often have to get out of bed and walk around. Or, I might be lying there and refusing to get out of bed, and I would therefore just bicycle pedal in the middle of my bed, often circulating myself upside down. So, for those of you who thought I was freakish, I just wanted to let you know that there actually is something called restless legs syndrome, acknowledged and treated in the medical community. So there - see, I'm not weird. I need to cut down on my intake of caffeine and exercise more, but I'm not weird. Now, don't you feel silly...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vee said...

My mom has restless leg syndrome and she says it's torture. If it was me I would pop pills every night...Get all tranked out.

Anonymous said...

Very funny, sirbarry. Thank you for the image I now have of my friend making that goofy noise while engaging in what must look like a goofy activity... The next time I see her I will have to chuckle.

Anonymous said...

Oh the "ides of middle night" when breath stills, but the legs do not ;-) Love ya!