Thursday, September 15, 2005

Autopilot

One performance down, one to go. It's 11:00, and I haven't been this exhausted since student teaching, but I need to wind down after the opening night of our high school's fall play, the rush of hoping against missed cues, forgotten lines, and lethargic pace; notifying the cops of kids hanging around smoking pot; scurrying around to take care of ticket money, concessions and money, donations, sticky popcorn machines; and so forth.

I'm running on autopilot right now, and I am kind of scared to come out of it. Serious decisions that have been put off until the play is over will reappear this weekend. The smokescreen of busyness, which my mind distorts into meaning, will disipate. Wow, am I going to need God this weekend. Emotions will be flowing, confusion will be looming, but God will be present and His word will be steady. I'll need that steadiness. Wow, I'm going to need that steadiness.

1 comment:

Vee said...

here: have some steadiness....p.s. **whispering** "Don't sweat the small stuff"