Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas time is here, I'm home from college, and Mom is doing my landry. I really have regressed in my journey into adulthood. Last year I was a teacher, worked regular, long hours, had my own place, and brought home a more-than-sufficient paycheck. This year I have a part-time 10-hour-a-week job as well as sub jobs at a daycare, the money from which pays my rent, utilities, and one week's worth of groceries. Savings and loans take care of the rest. I work long, irregular hours interrupted by hilarious antics of my housemates, and I get frustrated with the lack of room in my basement bedroom and shower. Yet, in seminary, I'm not nearly as tired in the evenings as I was with teaching, and Mondays don't feel much different from Fridays. However, though I'm not nearly as emotionally exhausted after a day, a month, or a semester of teaching, I feel more emotionally burdened, carrying spiritual questions about the past, present, and future. I wonder what the answers to those questions look like in the tangible form of the days of my life. Mom today asked me questions about a future job and 401k's, Roth IRA's, health insurance, etc - more questions I don't know the answer to, and more questions that weigh upon me. I look forward to seeing how the Lord will provide for all of this - what work He will give me, where He will take me, and what with what assurance He will lead me. I feel burdened yet watchful. Yet, if it be any encouragement to you, I feel more burdened than anything else. It will be only by God's grace that my worry will turn to watchful expectation.

No comments: