Monday, January 22, 2007

such a cliche Monday

1. I could not sleep last night - I think I finally dozed off around 5:30.

2. There is water coming up from the floor in the basement, i.e.- my living room. It's a problem, and I'm grateful someone is fixing it, yet it makes it impossible to sleep.

3. Upon going to someone else's bedroom to sleep, I keep getting phone calls that I can't ignore.

4. Finally giving up on more sleep, I work on registering my company-imposed, new-and-improved health insurance information on it's new-and-improved customer service site. It asked me to enter the verification code to prevent automated regitrations. The numbers that appeared were 0456. I entered 0456. It told me I entered the incorrect code. It again told me to enter 0456. I again entered 0456. It told me I entered the incorrect code. It again told me to enter 0456, and I again entered 0456. It told me I entered the incorrect code. I logged off. I logged back on. It told me to enter 0456. I entered 0456. It told me I entered the incorrect code. Something in this process is really stupid, and, judging from my lack of sleep, I realize that the stupid one could be me, BUT I REALLY DON'T THINK SO.

5. Walk-through registration is today. I'm kind of expecting I will have been listed as an illegal alien over night and that they will deny me my student loan because of it - which will push me over the edge, but that will probably be okay, because tears are always an effective tactic. I'll probably still be deported, but they'll feel really bad about it as they do it. That's all I ask.

No comments: