Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Dancing

I don't like dancing. Well, I usually don't like dancing. I love waltzing, square dancing is fun, and I think I would like any sort of dancing that involved only my feet and had prescribed moves. But, when it comes to parties and receptions, dance mixes and strobing lights, I loathe that dance floor, and it is other people who make it so bad. Why can't people just accept someone who doesn't like dancing? Why do they always have to drag you out onto the dance floor? Their intentions are good: they don't want anyone to be left out of the fun. But usually, I end up having less fun that I would at a table talking. It's not that I don't like the people out on the dance floor. It's not that I am trying to snub them. It's not that I am trying to be a loner. I just feel so uncomfortable out on the dance floor sometimes that I want to cry. Does anyone else feel the way I do?

No comments: