Sunday, March 12, 2006

Good day for a walk


Sometimes you have to drive a little bit for a really good walk. I’ve been missing my friend, Kristi, lately. She lives two hours and forty-five minutes away, which is a bit of a drive, yet it is still an easy day-trip, and one I take every now and then. Even though I knew I would not have any extra time this weekend (contest play is the 17th, grades are due on Wednesday, I’m getting evaluated this week), I needed a long outdoor walk with Kristi so badly I threw everything else aside. Kristi, Gracie (a slobbering pit-bull anxious to love everyone she encounters), and I set out on the streets of Charleston this afternoon, jumping over mud puddles (well, Gracie galloped through them), waving to kids and bike riders, making conversation with idle neighbors in their yards, and visiting with some friends. We talked about the weather and our jobs, dogs and home renovations, Bible studies and church, our past and our futures. We romped with Gracie and wore ourselves out, and then after an hour and a half we collapsed on Kristi’s yellow couch and enjoyed the sun pouring through the window. It was a good day for a drive and an even better day for a walk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a simple visit, yet so rewarding for the heart. Gracie and I thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon blessed by your presence and charm. Love you!